Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Multicolor Blue

Hello, and Happy December! It's my mommy's birthday month, and she'll be turning 50! How can I not be excited?



 On Saturday, I attended a 40th birthday celebration of a friend of my mom's friend. Lol. The theme colors were blue and yellow/gold. I already planned to wear this outfit before coming home for Thanksgiving, but when I found out I'd be wearing one of the chosen colors, I was a bit bummed. Haha. I later cheered up though, because the outfit turned out better than I expected. Don't you think?




I'm Yoruba (Nigeria), and this is one of the style of outfits that represents my culture. The top is called Buba  and the bottom is Iro. We usually were this style for special occassions. I don't remember that name of the material, but I purchased it during the summer in a Fabric outlet.




What I'm wearing:
Iro and Buba: Tailor made
Clutch: sister's
Shoes: Burlington
Necklace: Vanity

Sorry for the not-so-good photo quality.

xoxo
Seun


17 comments:

  1. Love the color of that fabric, it looks so beautiful on you. Happy 50th Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair!!!!! soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my mum's b'day month as well! Pretty excited about it :)
    You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. How cool!! I'm excited as well. Thanks, Diane!

      Delete
  4. Love your hair and the fabric color... gorj..

    www.tegastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors!
    Very beautiful combination!

    www.desiringyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. blessings ...
    Its been a while.
    Like the hair, blue is beautiful on you.

    stay blessed.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color combination and beautiful accessories; have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your mum..
    that blue is popping .. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to you mom. The iro and buba is lovely.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much ladies. Your comments are appreciated. Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hairstyle and the nude heels.

    http://bcece-evenagle.blogspot.com
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.