Monday, September 1, 2014

Tips on Accessorizing

Happy Monday. Welcome to the month of September! Phew. How time flies!


Do you like to accessorize your outfits, but are not sure how to go about it? Well, you're not alone.


I love accessorizing my outfits, but I rarely do. Why? Not because I don't want to, but sometimes, I'm just not sure how to. I fear going overboard with my accessories, so my outfits always have minimal accessories. When I do accessorize, I love to go with gold. I usually pair my boyfriend style gold watch from Target with some 'fancy' or simple style earrings (pearl studs are my go-to) with a ring or bracelets. Other days, I pair a statement necklace with my go-to pearls.



In my effort to accessorize more, I decided to put together a list of tips on accessorizing any outfit, and go from drab to FAB. Check out the tips below:



  • Statement jewelry.  A statement necklace, earring(s), bracelet(s), ring or even a watch, can spice up any look. Depending on what look you aim for, either classy, fun, retro, edgy, or feminine...whatever floats your boat.
  • Experiment with colors. With a monochrome look or a tee and jeans look, you can't go wrong with adding a pop(s) of color. You can do so with your shoes, bag, nails (polish) or even a scarf for the cooler months. You can also incorporate color, by adding on a blazer for a more polished look, or a pop of color on your lip! :)  My favorite...COLORBLOCKING (you can do so with your shoes or bag.
  • Add a belt. Many 'unflattering' outfits, can become 'flattering' with just an added belt. A wide belt can help defined your waist to flatter your figure, and turn a slouchy look to a chic one. Narrow belts help draw attention to the narrow part of your body and can be paired with an a-line dress, for an hour-glass look. Adding a belt to your outfit, can also glam up a shirt and jeans look.
  • Mix and Match. When layering necklaces or bracelets, you can choose to go with different (but complimentary) colors and textures. With necklaces, you can layer short with long, and for bracelets, try having some fun with your arm-candy.
  • Hairstyles. Changing up your hairstyles can really make a difference in your outfit.

What other ways do you accessorize your looks?


Take care :)
xoxo
Seun S.

14 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of statement jewelry and belts. I almost always wear one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few belts, but rarely make use of them! Thanks for the idea:-)

      Delete
  2. accessorizing is my thing..love this post.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earrings, wrist watch, handbands, scarfs. Every other thing feels too much for me, Yes Boring somebody here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That's doesn't make you boring. I haven't accessorized with scarves in a while! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing:-)

      Delete
  4. l love all the accessories, can't live without a pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Destiny!!

      Most definitely! A pretty necklace can spice up any look. I hope you're doing well 😁

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey Larissa. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by 😊

      Delete
  6. All for acessorizing
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love accessories, especially colorful ones that I can use to jazz up an outfit.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright colors and statement jewelry are all great ways to take an okay outfit and make it look amazing. Personally I love accessorizing with jewelry or layering with bright cardigans. justaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.