Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lake side Stroll

I decided to put together a picture board of things, that I'd bring along to a beach or lake outing. To an extent, it's an outfit inspiration! :)

Lake-side Stroll




Lake side Stroll by mystyledexpressions featuring forever 21


Jersey Vest Maxi Dress
The first item that comes to my mind, when I think of the beach or lake, is a maxi dress. I just love  the 'easiness' of it. You don't have to do much to dress it up. It's 'breathable' and comfy enough to wear for long periods of time!

Miss Selfridge Sleeveless Crop Tie Shirt
Since most maxi dresses have short sleeves or are sleeveless, I decided that pairing the maxi dress with a vest is a good idea. It'll help keep you warm, when the cool wind starts to blow. You can also wear a quarter-sleeve vest if you prefer that.

Fedora
There's something so classy and sophisticated about Fedora hats. I've never worn a Fedora, but I'd definitely like to.

Crossbody bag
I love crossbody bags! When I'm not going to anywhere 'fancy', I always carry a crossbody bag, instead of a hand bag. It's hands-free...why not? :) And, the yellow, brightens up the look.

Aviator
These are the type (there are few) of sunglasses  that suits my face, so I'd definitely bring those along!

Sandals
I just prefer sandals to flipflops and it's more 'dressy'.

What does your beach/lake outfit include?

Take care! :)

xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

14 comments:

  1. I dont really like going to beaches, not really the outdoor type but if I was I would totally wear this outfit. its so well put together, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rally!!

      I'm not either, but I like to mix things up. Hehe. Either way, I think it's a nice outfit choice for a 'relaxing' occasion...like going to a picnic :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! Now I want to go to the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! :)
    http://youngbutambitious.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this entire look! So well put together!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look. My lake outfit will probably be overalls and a crop top. I have been feeling nostalgic lately for 90s fashion. I might as well rock it at the lake right? Lol. I would love to rock this outfit too :)

    www.thepinkjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those glasses! I love aviator, but for some reason they just don't love me back :(

    Everytime I go to the beach my outfit (in my head) consists of: A sexy bikini, an extremely cute swimsuit cover in a pretty color, nice sunglasses, and cute sandals.

    Yet when I actually do go I end up saying "It's too hot to be cute" and settle for a swimsuit, t-shirt, & cut off denim shorts haha. Maybe one day I'll look beach-cute!!

    Zauni | The Kind Side

    ReplyDelete
  7. ee, these pieces are so cute! i adore that maxi dress, it's so summery!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! :)
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know then follow you back.
    antoofortique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pieces! Same things I'd bring along for a stroll ;}.

    XO | KIMBERYLUXE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for a stroll.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually have everything on here, except for the maxi dress,I've never been interested in one though, I don't know why though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.