Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Floral Love



What I'm wearing:
Blazer: Thrifted (Goodwill)
T-Shirt:Wetseal
Pants: JCPenney 
Bag: Herbergers? (I'm not sure)
Shoes: Old Navy 

I'll be honest, for some time now (weeks, months), I've had a love-hate relationship with my blog and blogging itself. There were times when I just wanted to quit, delete my blog and never look back, but then I didn't. Why? Because it's my baby. I love it with all my heart and I'm grateful for the progress I've made in my life and with God, through MyStyledExpressions.

Trust me, blogging is not easy, but when you truly love something, you'll take time to find out what it needs to grow and flourish.When I do find inspiration and encouragement on how to grow my blog, I apply it as best as I can. And, when it doesn't work, it's frustrating, because...I don't know what else to do. I've been blogging for over a year, and it still isn't the easiest thing to do.

But, during the times I've taken a break (there's been many), I always come to the realization that, it's my blog and it's an outlet that's been given to me by God...yes God! I want to use this outlet, not just to express myself, but to bring glory to His name. Even when I do share my outfits, I want to it be God inspired...you know? I'm in this world, but not of this world. 

I thank God that I've come to this realization...again! It's truly a blessing to be able to share my faith, outfits, inspiration and tidbits of my life on here. As I continue to do that, I pray to be led by God.

Take care! :)
xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

19 comments:

  1. Hey dearie,
    I totally understand how you feel. We all need a break from some things in our life every now and then. and the beauty in that is that time of break is we come to a realization or find a new appreciation for such things.

    Keep blogging and sharing for His glory ;)

    p.s love the pants and the way you styled it casually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. Christiana!! Yes, I love that feeling of realization.. It just goes to show that some things are put of our lives for a reason.

      *You're looking more and more radiant in your pictures :)*

      Delete
  2. Those trousers were giving me life :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOGGING SOMETIMES GETS TO OUR HEADS!!!lol I get frustrated over litle things especially when i want to share something but I have no photographers around or when I feel am in a rut of sorts.
    love your work

    www.pisces22-gracealice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blogging can 'get to your head' if you're not doing it for the 'right' reasons.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. The floral trousers are fab.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I feel the same way about my blog...I have bee taking on and off breaks lately. I hope I get the motivation to get back and stay back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy sis! I understand where you're coming from. Even though I'm back, I know blogging isn't something I'll do forever. I'm doing it know, but there's always something more important than blogging. Like...living life. Haha :)

      Blogging should'nt be put on a pedestal...so we don't get overwhelmed. For me, I like to treat it as a hobby. It's not business or a job, like it is for some people.

      Delete
    2. When you're all ready to come back, you'll know. You'll have peace about it :)

      Delete
  6. love ur shoe colour in contrast to the floralprint on ur pants! nice...

    also happening at browns cafe, ikeja, on the 4th of august (12-7pm) is our first ever exhibition and coming out party! u do not want to miss it....... see you there
    3redsmit ;) :*M
    www.3redsmit.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pants!
    I like how you say "I am in this world but I am not for this world."
    So inspired.
    Blessings hun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pants, love me some florals. Also just reading your post reminded me of where I used to be with my blog, it wasn't really easy running it, it was just recently ending of last year that I found myself actually caring about it, and I hope to go further with it in the future (cos its my baby too) :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just exactly how I felt this whole summer as well. At some point, you just get fraustrated over the whole blogging thing. I believe a lot of people can relate to this as well. Thank God am not the only one on this. At the end of it all, one realizes how special it is just as you have said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those floral pants! So cute. I completely agree that blogging can be used to glorify God!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Floral pants is amazing!
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! You know how I feel about floral pants so I won't comment. JK! I love your look, esp. the shoes I would have loved to see it without the blank blazer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look, the floral trousers are way too pretty.

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.