Monday, January 14, 2013

Guest Post: Survival Kit for Life

Happy Monday everyone. I hope your week was splendid! :)

Today's guest post is brought to you by Jasmine Marie of TheJourn3y. She's been such an inspiration to me and I'm so glad  that, MyStyledExpressions' first guest post of the year/month is from her. Jasmine is very full of wisdom and knowledge. One of her love and purpose is to encourage young girls and women. Please enjoy what she has to say below:

Hello MyStyledExpressions readers!

Welcome to a world where dreams become reality and exercising your faith is an everyday practice. A survival kit is a necessity for life. The most important item will be your relationship with the Creator. You cannot survive without a life line.

Affirmation: With God all things are possible.
Next, you will need Faith. Faith will be your guide when you entrust your plans to the Lord. Do not give fear room to grow.

Affirmation: My faith is bigger than my fear.
Eleanor Roosevelt says it best, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” The next item is belief. Believe that your dreams will become your reality. Success does not happen overnight. It is the end result of dedication, commitment, a strong work ethic, resilience, prayer and support. You have to be your biggest supporter, encourager and motivator!


Affirmation: Each day I am creating the life that I dream about.  
The words of Anatole France speak to us loud and clear, “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” The last item that we need in our survival kit is a Positive Mental Attitude. We must surround ourselves with positive thoughts, positive people and things that encourage and uplift us! Our minds are a battlefield; we have to do everything possible to protect them. Our thoughts guide our actions and create our reality. 



Affirmation: I am unstoppable; no roadblock can stand in my way.
Your dreams are within reach! Claim your blessings and move forward without fear. 2013 is your year.
Empowering women one journ3y at a time…Thejourn3y.com

There you have it lovelies! TheJourn3y has spoken, and very well at that. Jasmine shed some light on some things I wasn't so sure of and reaffirmed others. I sure hope you took in every word of advice! Go out there and live out your purpose. Don't let anything or anyone hold you back. Be and live your dream!

TheJourn3y now holds live Twitter chat every Wednesdays at 1:30pm EST time. The Twitter chat is filled with women from different backgrounds. We come together, to inspire, motivate, and elevate one another; by sharing our dreams, aspiration, struggles and how we overcame. Please be sure to tune in, you'll be glad you did! The next chat is on Wednesday, January 16th. Follow her on twitter to get updates!

Visit the links below to stay connected with TheJourn3y:

Thanks for reading!
What's one lesson you took away from today's guest post?

Take care! :)
xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad that you were able to get something from this post. It was my pleasure to share it with the Mystyledexpressions readers!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, definitely inspired...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy that you felt inspired after reading this post. I love it when I can share what God has given me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my guest post and thanks for the compliment!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.