Friday, December 7, 2012

Out and About: Leopard and Polka-dot (100th post)

Happy Friday! I hope your week went well. I guess this is my 100th post! :D
I started this blog on February 13, 2012. I talked more about the reasons I started this blog in this post (it's been updated).

Do you remember the outfit I shown here? I did plan on wearing that outfit to school the next day, but after trying it on, it just didn't 'feel' or 'look' right. I changed up the look a bit, although I wasn't entirely satisfied with the outcome (haha). I would have worn the scarf a different way and added a skinny black belt, to cinch in my waist and emphasize the black in the scarf. Oh well, there always a next time (experimenting with one's style is the key!) I'll try to style the red vest and distressed jeans in another OOTD post!

 'Yay' to chubby cheeks (you'll notice what I mean in the pictures below). LOL. I actually think chubby cheeks makes me look younger! ;)
Anyways, check out the look below:


How do you like my new hair-style? Well, I decided to do something new to my hair, rather than the usual Summer, shrunken Afro. I've cut my hair twice this year. Before cutting it, it was collar bone length when stretched out. I cut my hair because I wasn't so sure how to care and style it at the length it was before the cut. I wanted to be able to try different styles with my hair from a short length till when it gets longer (if I decide to let it grow out).

This style in these pictures is a result of me trying a new style. I flat-twisted my hair in sections on Tuesday and took it out the next day. The twist-out result was awesome. I got great curl definition and volume, although my hair is naturally full. I really like the results and can't wait to try other styles with my hair. I hope to get better with styling my hair! :)

What I'm wearing:
Vest: Deb
Top: Thrifted
Pants: Thrifted
Scarf: DIY
Watch: BigLots
Bracelet: Burlington/Mom's
Booties: K-Mart (2 years ago on Black Friday)

What new things have you tried recently?
Take care! :)
xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

21 comments:

  1. Aww..super cute..love your denim hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so beautiful...ur eyebrows ,the makeup is so on point

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100th already? nice :) Love your hair it`s so nice and the eyebrow looks gorgeous as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mix of prints. I love your plaid boots. Your hair looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? You don't want to have long hair? Wow anyway your TWA fits you so it's okay if you want to keep that length haha :)
    I agree a skinny belt would have put the look together but I think it's still looks cute this way I like the combo of leopard and polka dots, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Emma! I do like long hair; I'm just trying to experiment with my hair. But, I will let it grow out :)

      Thanks for the compliment! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey hun. I love this hairstyle on you, it suits you. I tried going natural and caved to a relaxer after six months. ps. you made the scarf? You should do a tutorial..take care..
    jewel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks cute! I like it! I like your scarf and the yellow vest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Boots!
    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog at
    www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look really cute.I love your hair and I totally love how perfect your brow are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great look, love the yellow x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is so coool! Lovin your style girl! :)


    Btw, I am having my first giveaway. :) I am hoping for your participation. ^_^
    God Bless and have a great day! :)

    Much Love!
    -Jan
    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww!! I think your cheeks are adorable!!! :)
    And what a cute relaxed outfit! I think its great how you mixed patterns but it's not overwhelming.

    I think your hair is adorable! I just took a race and ethnicity class about women of color. We did a section on black women hair and I almost cried. I had no idea how crazy of an industry it is! And the videos we watched were of little girls saying they wanted "white girl hair".. my heart dropped. Sorry, a bit deeper than I meant to go!!! BUT I love your hair style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gal..u look 16 wt those cheeks:)
    Love the hair..reminds me of my own when undone..in a very good way!
    Also into cuttin my hair!!
    Congratulations on the 'centenary' post..pop champagne*syc*
    As always, lov 'my styled expressions'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and I'm glad you're trying to have more ' you' times haha, it's very helpful!

    Secondly, that outfit is too cute, love the vest and your hair's gorgeous. I can't wait to see more styles from you, actually I'm also thinking of taking out braids over Christmas and just have my natural hair even though it's a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice photos I liked your blog, I follow you!
    and if you like mine I hope you like pretty follower :) a kiss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.