Monday, October 29, 2012

Guest Post: Summer to Fall Transition

Happy Monday loves! I hope you had a great weekend.
 
I have another guest post for you today! Today's guest post is brought to you by Raliat of Rallydfashionfanatic.  She is currently a Junior in College, but also a fashion blogger. According to her, "I am kind of a nerdy Fashionista. I am such a nerd that during my free times, I read for fun but there is a part of me that is so in love with fashion. On my blog, I showcase fashion forward outfits with styling tips, plus celebrity inspired/look for less."
Today, she will be giving us some tips on how to transition a look for Summer to Fall. Check out what she has to say below:

 My Summer to Fall Transition look
In this summer to fall transition, I am transitioning a pair of black lace high-low skirt that I got last summer. During the summer, I paired the skirt with a simple t-shirt and a pair of colorful sandals. For fall, I decided to play with patterns and textures. I paired the lace high skirt with a multicolored striped top. I added black opaque tights since it is chilly nowadays, completed the look with a pair of black and gold cap toe pumps, skinny belt, clutch and a collar necklace.



      What I like about transitioning my clothes
One thing I like about transitioning is that I can take an item of clothing that I wore during the summer (for example) and totally transform the item into a fall appropriate outfit by layering and accessorizing.
Why knowing how to transition one's clothes from a season to another is beneficial
Since the season is constantly changing, it is better to shop your closet than shop every season. There are always pieces in your closet than you can transition from one season to another. This is very beneficial because you can save lots of money. I am a kind of person that loves trying out trends and this can be tricky because every season brings out new trends. And I don’t want to spend my entire clothing budget on trendy pieces that I would not be able to wear the next season. So, I always try to buy pieces that I know is trendy but will still be able to transition from one season to the next one.

Outfit Details:
Top: StyleMint
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt & Tights: Forever 21
Necklace: Shoplately
Pumps: JustFab


·         My favorite clothing items to transition and where to purchase them
My favorite items to transition are bottoms: pants, jeans and skirts. They are fairly easy to transition than dresses. Since I am student and always on budget, I shop mostly at Forever 21 and H&M. Their items are of good quality (most of the times) and definitely affordable. Although I have never thrifted before, I have heard great things about it and I would definitely love to thrift as soon as possible. You can also check out thrift stores for some unique pieces you will be able to transition from one season to another one.

Thanks Oluwaseun for giving me the opportunity to guest post on your blog. To you readers, I hope you all have learned a thing or two about transitioning your closet. :)

Visit the links below, to stay connected with Rally:
Emailrallydfashionfanatic@yahoo.com 
Twitter: @raliat11

Take care! :)
xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting look and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes and that skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your guest posts, so interesting :)
    She has a lovely style as well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are to die for! So gorgeous.
    I love weekends like that. That's definitely how I will spend my next one since this past one I was working like a crazy.
    Niina I have an award awaiting you on my blog, check it out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.