Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Guest Post: Trends

Happy Wednesday!
 
I hope your week has been well. Remember I mentioned that I'll be incorporating Guest Posts to my blog, in this post? Well, today is one of those days. Today's guest post is from the lovely Cindy Saul of Life as a Young Christian. Cindy is a blogger from South Africa and is currently studying Corporate Communication.
 
Check out what she has to say about trends, below:
 
What do I love the most about trends?
Isn’t it great how fashion trends connect us girls? I love how we share fashion and beauty tips. I love that fashion is diverse, and the trends are always changing.  I also like the fact that when a certain trend does come back in style, it’s always with a twist – an improvement. It allows you to be creative and to express on the outside what you feel inside.
 
What do I dislike most about trends?
The saddest thing about Fashion trends is that we forget that it’s what’s in the inside that counts, Twenty years from now it won’t really matter how your hair looks like today, what brand jeans you wore or what brand of shoes you wore.  What will matter is how you loved people and contributed in the world that you live in. Let us not forget that inner beauty in what matters the most.

How others can incorporate trends into their looks/lives without spending too much or obsessing over trends?
We should of course look at the fashion forecast to see what trends are hot right now and decide if it will suit our body types or not and of course what you must check is your comfort level. It’s not enough to wear a pencil heel, but you need to extremely comfortable in what you wear. If it does, wear it in a way that suits YOUR style so incorporate the trend into your look. I think it’s important to not lose yourself into what’s hot right now. Fashion comes and goes so if it’s a trend that you can incorporate into your look and see yourself wearing it in years to come then go for it!  I always keep my favourite pieces from the year before and then add a few bits the next year so that I get my money’s worth out of everything; it’s all about being thrifty at the moment. There are no firm and solid rules for fashion, just follow the basic and go with your comfort level just remember what you wear represents you so dress in a manner that will do your personality justice.

Which fashion trends have I followed?


Colour-blocking is probably my favourite trend of all.  Colour brightens up a girl's complexion and can knock years off your face, another trend that I love is Leather: I was one super-happy girl when leather came back. Leather has found its way back on the runways and into our wardrobes and not just in jackets. Of course, leather jackets are still quite fashionable pieces, but I totally adore leather in pants and skirts.

Which fashion trends have I not followed and are not a fan of?
Floral jeans: My opinion on floral pants is that I love them, they are girly and summer perfect but I will admit, I'm not the biggest fan of this trend but I commend all of you who can wear it to rock it! Another trend that is a ‘NO ways’ for me is leggings as pants. Don’t get me wrong I love legging; I think they are one of the best inventions but for pants? No ways, they don’t have structure at all, I don’t like the idea of my butt being ‘out there’, if I am to wear them I prefer wearing them with a longer top.



An item of clothing that defines you and why

I would describe myself as a one of a kind silk scarf! It’s very versatile, I too am versatile. Its chic and it adapts to any outfit just as I can adapt to suit any environment. It’s also fun to play around with.

Before I conclude, I would like to let you know that I am not a fashion expert; I am merely expressing my opinion and interest in fashion. Thank you Oluwaseun for the honour of Guest-posting on your blog.

Visit the links below, to stay connected with Cindy:
E-mail: cunathi@gmail.com
Twitter@cindyCsaul
 
Take care! :)
xoxo
Oluwaseun S.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting post, I enjoyed reading her answers and truly agree with most of them especially about wearing leggings as pants I'm also not a fan of this! Looking forward to see more of this new label.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, glad we share the same thoughts about leggings LOL!I am also looking forward to new post under this new series

      Delete
  2. I like this idea of guest posting, it's really nice to have people express their opinion about trends and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy is so informative about fashion, I love that!
    I also love scarves, I used to wear the same one like everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, LOL scarves can be so fun and versitle.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Lol…. You fashion people sha! I love how you guys keep it up! I’m not a trend follower. I could rock fads from the 80’s one day and be all Eurochic the next day with leg warmers. I just glo with whatever my body likes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all her answers and agreed with all but the floral jeans. lol. They are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The part in the article that tells about silk scarf is definitely correct. They are fashionable and always in style. These pieces should be fun to wear and it depends on the wearer on how he or she will carry such material. However, the wearer should opt for bright or monochromatic colors for a polished look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to leave your thoughts, I really appreciate it.